g-wrap-dev

1.9.4 and gnucash 1.8.11

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: 1.9.4 and gnucash 1.8.11
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:28:10 -0500

In NetBSD pkgsrc land, Thomas Klausner and I have been trying to
modernize pkgs, moving to guile 1.6 from 1.4, and the new g-wrap.
Currently, gnucash is built with g-wrap 1.3.4 since we haven't been
able to resolve issues with 1.9.x.

  g-wrap comes with an gw/glib.scm and a gw-glib-spec.scm,
  but gnucash wants (guile gw-glib), not (guile gw glib)
  or (guile gw-glib-spec).

Thomas made a guile gw-lib that is basically copy of (guile gw lib).
This seems kludgy, both because it seems 1.9.4 and gnucash should just
work, but also because I'm not sure if reevaluating

    (dynamic-call "gw_init_wrapset_gw_glib"
                  (dynamic-link "libgw-guile-gw-glib"))
    (module-use! (module-public-interface (current-module)) (current-module))

in a different module will indeed reregister the symbols in the other
module.  Still, he says that gnucash seems to work with this.

So, I wonder if gnucash is what needs fixing, or if there should be a
(guile gw-glib) module that does a use-modules and reexport of (guile
gw glib), thereby avoiding extra dynlink calls.

(My machines are still running 1.9.3 because I need guile-gnome to
work, and it seems like 1.9.4 has the enhanced generic support which
breaks all released versions of guile-gnome.)