g-wrap-dev

Re: Patch against latest G-Wrap

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Patch against latest G-Wrap
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:46:28 +0200

Hello,

> G-Wrap in address@hidden/g-wrap--dev--0--patch-18' is deeply
> broken (doesn't compile).  Below is a patch that fixes some of the
> problems I encountered.

I finally got to dig this further and a complete fix is available in my
branch[*]:

  address@hidden/g-wrap--devo--1.9.6 (`patch-1' and `patch-2')

The problems I had almost all related to the introduction of the new
`(g-wrap c-codegen)' module.  Previously, all the generation methods
(`global-declarations-cg', etc.) where defined and exported by
`(g-wrap)' but are now defined and exported by this new module.
Consequently, modules that overload these methods must make sure that
they use `c-codegen'.  Failing to do so, these modules end up creating
*new*, local, generic functions that are different from the ones
exported by `c-codegen'.

Therefore, the next release will _have to_ mention this very clearly
since it affects user code directly in an *incompatible* way (except for
those who use the 1.3 compatibility API).

Additionally, I removed `class-name' from the list of exports of
`(g-wrap)', since this is unneeded and it triggers annoying warnings
with Guile 1.7.  I also changed the generation of the modules themselves
so that `#:export' is used instead of the `module-use!' trick (see
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/g-wrap-dev/2005-08/msg00001.html).

And the cool thing is that everything works fine, including the test
suite!  :-)

BTW, I'm glad to see Andreas is working on a Scheme48 back-end.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[*] The archive is located at:
    http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/address@hidden .