g-wrap-dev

Re: Let's use RTI only

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Let's use RTI only
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 14:59:06 +0200

Actually, to follow up to myself:

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 14:38 +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
> I see two solutions two this problem; one would be to fix the part of
> guile-gnome that causes some unwrap forms to depend on static
> definitions (those from `wrap-custom-boxed!'). This is a valid solution.

I don't know that this is all that valid; for example, see this one
usage example:

  (wrap-custom-boxed!
   "GdkRectangle" "GDK_TYPE_RECTANGLE"
   ;; wrap
   (list scm-var " = " c-var " ? scm_gdk_rectangle_to_scm (" c-var ") :
SCM_BOOL_F;\n")
   ;; unwrap
   (list c-var " = scm_scm_to_gdk_rectangle (" scm-var ");\n"))

scm_gdk_rectangle_to_scm is defined in a helper file, gtk-support.h. I
think this is a reasonable strategy; easy to write, easy to read. I see
no reason why we should have to export these functions, either,
especially given that g-wrap already knows about them. So I am currently
thinking RTI is the only sane way to go for projects that use g-wrap to
make wrapsets that depend on each others' types.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/