g-wrap-dev

Re: bogus version check after guile 2.0 release

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: bogus version check after guile 2.0 release
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 16:45:21 +0100

Matei Conovici <address@hidden> writes:

> In guile/g-wrap/guile-compatibility.h there's this version check which
> enables some compat features.
>
> /* Define this macro if Guile 1.7.x or better is in use. */
> #if defined (SCM_MINOR_VERSION) && (SCM_MINOR_VERSION >= 7) && \
>     defined (SCM_MAJOR_VERSION) && (SCM_MAJOR_VERSION >= 1)
> #define SCM_VERSION_17X 1
> endif
>
> It became bogus after guile 2.0 release, as SCM_MINOR_VERSION is now 0
> or 1.
>
> With this taken care of, g-wrap (and guile-gnome-platform) compile
> cleanly with the new guile.

Thanks for the report! I've now pushed a fix for this into the git
repository on Savannah.

I'll release a 1.9.14 which is compatible with Guile 2.0 soonish, but
there's still an issue with the "aggregated" feature on Guile 2.0 (the
corresponding test case segfaults).  Have you tried running g-wrap's
testsuite (make check)?

Another thing that should be fixed is the reference to the %generics
submodule via a plain variable.  This is deprecated in Guile 2.0, and
leads to warnings (at least) when Guile 2.0 is compiled with
--disable-deperecated.  I hope I find the time to look into this in the
next week or so.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann -- <http://rotty.yi.org/>