gambit-users

Re: [Gambit-users] How do i specify outcomes in an extensive form game.

From: Ted Turocy
Subject: Re: [Gambit-users] How do i specify outcomes in an extensive form game.
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 20:46:24 -0500

On 2002.09.05 18:45 Nimesh Nedungadi wrote:
hi

I am an absolutely new gambit user. I started just today... So please
pardon me if i sound like a novice. I tried defining a new extensive
form
game. But i could not figure out how to specify the outcome at any
node.

It would always give me a (null) option. Even when i click the
view/Outcome menu option, it gives me no boxes to edit.

Is this a bug? Or is it something i am doing incorrectly?

In the outcome notebook, you'll need to right-click and select "New" to get started with a new outcome; after that, hitting Enter automatically adds a new line to the grid (and so a new outcome).

Then, you can attach outcomes two ways:
(1) Using Edit->Node and the dropdown box for outcomes, or
(2) Right-clicking on the outcome in the outcome window, and selecting "attach"; this will attach the outcome to the currently selected node.

The "New" part is a bit obscure; I shall update the online documentation about this, and also consider adding a "New" (and possible "Delete") button to the panel in a future release.

Ted
--
  address@hidden -- Assistant Professor, Economics, Texas A&M