gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune build failure

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune build failure
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 21:15:58 +0200

On 05/01/12 14:32, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

On Tuesday, May 1, 2012 13:38 CEST, Philippe Roussel<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi,

Le 30/04/2012 15:34, Sebastian Reitenbach a écrit :
all those undefined references are supposed to come from libCynthiune.so. As I
can see, the path to it is given, and it should link against it:

-LFrameworks/Cynthiune/Cynthiune.framework/Versions/Current -lCynthiune
It seems to find your libCynthiune.so, otherwise I'd expected to have a
error/warning like unable to find -lCynthiune.
This is getting boring, I ran into this bug many times already : you
just have to move the arguments of the linking command around. Newer
gccs seem to be picky about that stuff.
Thanks for figuring this out, that would have probably given me a hard

time to figure that out by myself.

With the following patch I can build Cynthiune with just 'make' but it
crashes on startup, I'll to dig a bit.

One note : I'm not sure this patch is the right way to go, there are too
many variables available with gnustep-make for me to chose one.
Riccardo, do you have a better idea for the variable to use?
If not, then I'll take the patch from Philippe as is.
I have several compilers around here and I didn't get that erro. Is that for a specific bundle? Which gcc version?

Riccardo