gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Fix crashes when using a threaded backend

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Fix crashes when using a threaded backend
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:32:49 +0200

Hi,

Le 16/05/2012 19:50, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I did only a reasonably quick test, but it doesn't seem to harm. i still
> get the ALSA warnings...

Are you playing mp3 files or other formats ? As Sebastian found out,
underruns seem to occur only with mp3, probably because the format
bundle starts to read the file looking for the metadata or something. I
can't reproduce them with flac files for example.

This patch is just protecting a resource used by different threads when
using a threaded ouput bundle. Before this I could crash Cynthiune by
just dragging the position/time knob when playing a song. Never seen this ?

> I commited it.

Thanks,
Philippe