gcc-conf-discuss

Re: input about GCC conference

From: Bill Wendling
Subject: Re: input about GCC conference
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:57:50 -0500

Also sprach Masayuki Ida:
} > From: David Edelsohn <address@hidden>
} > Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:54:06 -0400
} >
} >     I suggest planning a GCC developers meeting as a "track" or extra
} > day of a larger, existing conference, e.g., USENIX or OLS, instead of
} > planning a separate stand-alone conference.  Developers have limited time
} > and travel budgets, planning an independent conference is difficult, and I
} > personally think that the community which utilizes GCC is divided among
} > too many conferences already.
} >
} > David
}
} I myself like to know the responses for this idea,
} especially from GCC developers, too.
} I think users communities were of different kind,
} for technical depth, involvement of developers community is the key.
}
I think it's a good idea...

...but, then, I'm not a developer, just an interested party.