gchempaint-main

Re: [Gchempaint-main] gchempaint for debian

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: Re: [Gchempaint-main] gchempaint for debian
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:31:59 +0200

Le samedi 18 août 2007 à 08:51 -0700, Francesco Pietra a écrit :
> I have followed indirectly the great progress of gchempaint (which I have also
> stimulated). Though, as a Debian Linux etch Gnome user, for the presentation
> chemical graphics in a manuscript I still have to use Windows program/wine.
>
> Since many months I have no more contacted developers. May I now ask if there
> is any short-term plan to have gchempaint in gnome for debian linux etch?   (I
> have no plans to move from the stable release of Debian until I am forced so
> by
> library problem).
>
> Thanks
>
> francesco pietra

Only ghcempaint-0.6.6 (with patches) is present in debian stable,
testing and unstable. The 0.8.x version needs OpenBabel-2.1 which is not
yet in debian, appretly because of license issues with libinchi, but
AFAIK things should change shortly. For more information, please contact
the debichem team.

Cheers,
Jean