gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] 0.10.8 and 0.11.3 released

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] 0.10.8 and 0.11.3 released
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 20:01:41 +0200

Hi.

Just released 0.10.8 and 0.11.3

0.10.8 is a maintainance release needed after goffice API changes. I
released 0.10.6 and 0.10.7 without announcing them because more last
minutes API changes in goffice made them not really useful. Otherwise, a
few GChemPaint bugs were fixed.

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.10/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.10.8.tar.bz2
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.10/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.10.8.tar.gz

* 0.11.3 is the latest development release. GChemPaint has now been
fully reimplemented unsig the new cairo based canvas (if not, please
consider it is a bug and file a bug report).
* GChemPaint now supports more features in fragments (atom groups). It
is now possible to force some characters to be subscript or superscript,
and stoichiometry subscript and charges are now at the same horizontal
position. There is still a need for a user interface to change the mode,
and user documentation. Also, typing something like R''' will replace
the three primes with an unicode triple prime character. For this to
work, you need an appropriate unicode font.
* GChemPaint has now some support for exporting ChemDraw files. This has
not been tested extensively (I don't have access to ChemDraw), and the
files are not compatible with ChemDraw versions older than 6.0, and may
be with 6.0 (the documentation is not quite clear on some points).
* Gnome Crystal now loads and saves CML and CIF files even if the saved
files are quite simplistic. It automatically detects the space group
although this has not been thoroughly tested (and some groups (at least
one) in the BODR space groups database are buggy, my bad).

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.11/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.11.3.tar.bz2
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.11/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.11.3.tar.gz

I intend to release 0.11.4 around november with support for mechanism
curved arrow in GChemPaint (there is support for that in the new canvas,
but not in GChemPaint for now). Then we'll go to beta releases so that
0.12.0 might be available at some time between january 2010 and april.

Best regards,
Jean