gchemutils-main

[Gchemutils-main] 0.12.8 and 0.13.3 released.

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: [Gchemutils-main] 0.12.8 and 0.13.3 released.
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:45:26 +0200

Hi,

0.12.8 is the latest maintainance release. Main news are:

GChemPaint:
* Fixed build with gcc-4.6. [#32363]
* Fixed a critical issue in plugins loading.
This last issue has existed for years. I don't know why and how things worked.

0.13.3 is the new development release. It's highly unstable and should
not be used in production, just for testing purpose. Main news are:

GChemPaint:
* Fixed build with gcc-4.6. [#32363]
* Allow colored atomic symbols on a per-document basis.
* Brackets tool now working, not perfectly though.

Other:
* Don't use POLLRDHUP when not defined. [#32768]
* Split libgcu so that libgcu itself never calls gtk+ directly.

0.13.3 is the last development based on gtk+-2.0. Next will use gtk
+-3.0. This has as a consequence that the next stable release can't
(0.14, or may be 1.0) will not occur before the release of the next
stable goffice (might be 1.0) for which there is currently not even a
schedule. I initially planned to have 0.14 by the end of this year, but
it now seem quite improbable. Next development release will occur when
there is at least a gtk+-3.0 based goffice branch at git.gnome.org.

Sources are available from savannah:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.12/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.12.8.tar.bz2
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.12/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.12.8.tar.gz