gcjwebplugin-user

[Gcjwebplugin-user] gcjwebplugin and Firefox 1.0.2

From: Scott Worley
Subject: [Gcjwebplugin-user] gcjwebplugin and Firefox 1.0.2
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:53:17 -0700 (PDT)

> We need your help. We need to know what browsers work with gcjwebplugin
> and what browsers don't. We wanna make a compatibility list for that.
> Tell us if your browser works or if it doesn't by just writing a little
> mail . We will then provide the list here on this page and update it
> with your feedback.

gcjwebplugin runs applets in Firefox 1.0.2, but is a bit unstable.

It seems least stable when opening and closing applets.  Attached is a
crash log & backtrace from a page that reloads itself and contains an
applet.

Also, "mayscript" functionality seems not to work. Eg:

   <applet archive="Applet.jar" code="Main.class" id="myapplet"
           mayscript="true" width="500" height="500" />
   <input onclick='document.getElementById("myapplet").function( ... )'
          type="button" value="Clickme" />

results in

   Error: document.getElementById("applet").function is not a function