gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Open source lisp

From: Louis Glassy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Open source lisp
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:55:26 -0600 (MDT)

There are some large open lisp codes, but I don't know of any in
widespread use by non-lisp-programmers.  CLOCC and FreeCLIM both look
useful, but I get the feeling they're both smaller and less
widely-used than Maxima.

--

CLOCC is a portable Common Lisp package collection, and is said to give
its Common Lisp host a way to do networking, and other things.

CLOCC is slowing growing, but what's there looks like it works well.

--

FreeCLIM is an attempt to make a free replacement for CLIM, the Common
Lisp Interface Manager.  CLIM was (is?) a gui toolkit to end all gui

FreeCLIM is still pretty embryonic at this point.

[you wrote]
   Greetings!  Other than maxima, is there any other significant open
   source lisp code which provides functionality that cannot be readily
   found in existing open source C code?

-lou (address@hidden)