gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] STABLE, WINDOWS: read_fasd1() and alloc_relblock()

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] STABLE, WINDOWS: read_fasd1() and alloc_relblock()
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:29:49 +1000

A final note before I finish for the day regarding CVS stable GCL/gcc
3.3.3/binutils 2.15.90:

| 2. GCL/gcc 3.3.3/binutils 2.15.90 still causes the Maxima crash.  It now
| crashes consistently (which is also good news) while loading
| "binary-gcl/specfn.o" so if we still have the fortitude and time we can
| probably track it down.
|
| The problem occurs in the Maxima source file "src/clmacs.lisp", function
| "aset-by-cursor" called in "fillarray":

Since my last message I tried a few different combinations of compiler flags
including no optimisation and all of them crash in exactly the same place as
related by my previous email.

On this basis I think we can say that one of gcc 3.3.3 or binutils 2.15.90
or both is completely incompatible with GCL as of today's stable CVS source
tree.

On the other hand the spot-on repeatability of the crash gives us a neat
toehold for debugging should we choose to go that way.  I doubt that I will
be able to do much about it tonight.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.