gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl ansification steps

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl ansification steps
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:03:57 -0400

Greetings!  I have a local modification which I am considering including
in 2.6.12, which standardizes the common-lisp and common-lisp-user
packages per the spec, i.e. the former contains only the standard 978
symbols, all exported.

This impacts current maxima (at least) in the following symbols: clines,
defentry, object, system, and quit, (all of which I suppose should move
to :cl-user) and in the reverse fashion, *load-pathname*, which moves
from :si into :cl.

Ideally I'd like gcl releases to 'just work' on a range of maxima
releases in the past up to the present.  I'm wondering what the best way
to build in some backward compatibility into gcl, and also into maxima
should it modify the existing code but wish to support earlier versions
of gcl.

Ideas appreciated.

Take care,