gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] SymLink with right-click on a file

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] SymLink with right-click on a file
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:52:02 +0200

europeen wrote:
Hello,
Is it possible to do a symbolic link with mouse on a file with the next
GC version ? I don't like where is the function in 'File' and his
shorcut 'ctrl shift F5'. If we can configure the shortcut, why not, but
it's not possible.

I do not think that is worth the effort since
you still have to use the keyboard for naming
the symlink. Very often people want another
name name on the link than the file it is
pointing to. But this does not say that it
can be made easier to do, maybe use an easier
to remember keyboard shortcut like ctrl+l+i
(li short for link), or maybe a quick button
somewhare?