gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] License of GC

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] License of GC
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 14:11:33 +0100

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:

I've come to gcmd project in Apr 2002 :o) 2004 is the year I've got access to cvs repo

Oops, time passes ;-)

I did not even remember when i came along this proj.,
so i had to take a look at archive.org to see when GCMD
moved from Sourceforge, to estimate when i started doing
the homepage. It looks as you and me came onboard about
the same time.

The latest exciting addition is support for python scripting - available
in DEVEL branch of cvs repo. This is really a new dimension of gcmd,
which allows end users accessing gcmd with the power of python...

Yes, it may well be that (i cannot try it, se my bugreport
in the last mail).

But i have a little question. You say "accessing gcmd with
the power of python". Well, (if one know how to master python)
in what way does this differ from using a python/pygtk script
"placed" in Options->Programs?

I think the answer to this question is useful info to have
on the homepage, explaining the GCMD features.