gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Quick Hacks #7 (or so): Mountpoint bookmarks

From: Micha
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Quick Hacks #7 (or so): Mountpoint bookmarks
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 06:36:48 +0100

A new hack !

You remember i asked if we can use 'device' icons in the way of bookmarks,
even without the given folder being actually a mountpoint.

I filled in the Options -> Devices form for folder /tmp, and typed into the
'Mountpoint' field: '-fin > /dev/null && cd'

I though that would give gcmd a command 'mount -fin > /dev/null && cd /tmp'
instead of 'mount /dev/foo /tmp'. (The options -fin could probably as well be
left out.)
It seems to work !
Actually, this is can easily be a serious security hole....But by now, i'm
happy to
have my quick bookmarks :)

 m°