gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] The roadmap to 1.2.6

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] The roadmap to 1.2.6
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:06:11 +0100

> > Here goes my proposal:
> >

> >     * support for other GnomeVFS protocols (SSH+FTP and WebDAV)
> >     * support (although a bit limited) for RTL languages
> >     * user defined shortcuts for running arbitrary applications
> >     * root (administrator) mode - for starting gcmd as a root
> >

> > Any suggestions?
>
> GIO/GVFS?

Yes, I do intend to switch to GIO/GVFS, as the current GnomeVFS
(Filesystem Abstraction library) is heading (faster than I expected)
towards planned deprecation. Unfortunately switching to that will
require rewriting many parts of gcmd and thus it will have to take much
more time. I'd like to do that together with replacing some obsolete
preGTK2 staff (like GtkCList) with its newer counterparts. So -
definitely after 1.2.6.

BTW, it'll be a good reason to change version numbering. 2.0 ?

Piotr