gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] OT: What can synchronizing do ?

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] OT: What can synchronizing do ?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:26:48 +0200

> I've a question which is not strictly gcmd related. However, i try to figure
> if i could use the sync feature (via meld) too.
>
> Am i right that syncing basically updates both directories with either latest
> version ?

It compares all files in two dirs (recursively) and shows differences
between them. It uses timestamps (mtime?) for finding newer/older files,
but it is also capable for finding differences between two files.

I find it to be an ecxelent tool for syncing text files.

To grasp the idea how it works - try ro run "Synchronize
Directories" (meld) on trunk and gcmd-1-3 branches... And please do try
'Compare' tool on modified files (you can edit files during
'compare' ;o)

Piotr