gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] vte

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] vte
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 15:35:27 +0200

I can see the vte after 'file-uitls' commands like cd or touch.

> > /home/micha/bla/foo$ ls
> > alice.txt
> > /bin/bash: /home/andras/gcmd-devel/gcmd-1-3/src/gcmd-helper: No such file
> > or directory

There also are focus problems.starting up first time, gcmd switches focus
between right pane and commandline, i can't seem to get to the left pane by kay
nav anymore. However, Ctrl+'+' still works in the non-highlghted non-focussed
left pane. Related: Some key shortcuts seem to work only with focus in a
filelist widget. btw. ALT+F7 Search is doing nothing ATM here.

Since i'm developing (*cough*) operating systems ;) there's always a chance of
some custom hack that i already forgot about with the years passing...and there
could be as well (+/- additionally) an upgrade issue, for example, xkbcomp
mapping.  UTRC i'll try to figure out how to get a complete xkb layout (maybe
xkbprint?) for comparison. I should try to countercheck other gnome apps -
nautilus keys seem to work, though.

It's: [(c) Monty Python]

X.Org X Server 1.4.2
(II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 1.4.0.90, module version = 1.3.1
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0

xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Customized Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
#       Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
EndSection

gnome-keyboard-properties telling the same, i didn't select any different
layout here.
I've any key i can think of, even ↑ ↓ ← →
gnome-keybinding-properties works ok it even grabs my multimedia keys.