gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Tabs above the search path line?

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Tabs above the search path line?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:30:01 +0100

 Niklas,

> In this case I believe that having the option to:
>
> * Always show tab-bar makes more sense

An option to have more sense ??? *g*

Seriously: Basically agreed. But do we really need to have one more 'layout'
option, when there certainly will be more important things to clutter the
options with, in future ?

How about having a locked tab automaticly switches to 'tab bar always' (and
closing the last one automaticly switches back).

Maybe, as another workaround, one could insert a '*' before the path in the
'path bar' (above the tab bar) too. If unlocked tabs have a whitespace in that
place, tab switching would not appear ugly, too.

However, i agree to Piotr, it's not that important at all and should be
postponed for lazy days (of the next century).