gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] application/x-gmc-link

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] application/x-gmc-link
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:06:29 +0200

Alex,

What do you mean by 'remove' ? Suggesting it to the smi repo maintainers ?

I don't know if anyone is still using it. 'gmc' was the gnome file manager in
ancient days (before nautilus), AFAIK there is no connection to gcmd. Nautilus
still may contain gmc code. You could ask the nautilus team if they support
this mimetype.

It seems to be a text file format containing a line (probably in the way of the
legacy Windows links), a thing that still can be useful when you want to backup
data containing many links to some different filesystem, especially vfat. I
actually wanted to replace all my symlinks some day by something like this,
because of backup problems.

cheer,m