gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] SMB Howto

From: Marcus Bjurman
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] SMB Howto
Date: 14 Jan 2004 16:05:48 -0100

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 09:58, Joao Mendes wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 00:47, Marcus Bjurman wrote:
> > * Does opening the uri "smb://" in nautilus work?
>         No.

Ok then, for some reason your gnome-vfs installation is not capable of
browsing workgroups. I'm not really sure why this works on some distros
and not on others. My guess is that it has to do with a ximian version
of the smb module that might have been accepted by some distros and not
by others.

I don't have that detailed knowledge of gnome-vfs to help you any more
then this. If you find out anything more about this problem somewhere
else, it would be nice if you could share it with us.

good luck

/Marcus