gdb

[Gdb] Problem with gdb + freebsd 4.3

From: jonathanh
Subject: [Gdb] Problem with gdb + freebsd 4.3
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:18:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
  I've been having a rather odd problem with gdb(4.18) while trying to set
breakpoints in a shared library. The shared library contains all the
debugging symbols, but when I set a breakpoint in the form
"break file.cpp:123" it sets the breakpoint just fine, but when the program is
run I get the message:

  Cannot insert breakpoint 1:
  Error accessing memory address 0x2806bd2c: Bad address.

  This happens when setting a breakpoint in any source file for the shared
lib but not when setting a breakpoint in the source for the program that
is linked to the lib. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is
happening??

Thanks in advance.
address@hidden