gdb

[Gdb] 5.1.1 debugging multithreaded app

From: Jeremy Mullin
Subject: [Gdb] 5.1.1 debugging multithreaded app
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:52:04 -0600

Hello All,

  I've been using gdb 5.0 for the last year or so. This week I built 5.1.1 and
tried it out. In 5.0 when I started my multi-threaded application it reported
each thread as it was created, and I had no problems setting breakpoints in any
thread, or getting thread info.
  With 5.1.1 when the application starts gdb only shows one process, and if I
try 'info threads' I get

../../gdb/lin-lwp.c:1292: gdb-internal-error: lin_lwp_thread_alive: Assertion
`is_lwp (ptid)' failed.
An internal GDB error was detected.

  I'm wondering if I needed to do something special before building gdb to make
gdb handle multiple threads? I just did the standard 'make config', 'make all',
'make install'.

  TIA,
   J.D.