gdb

[Gdb] SPARC 64-bit registers

From: Clark L. Coleman
Subject: [Gdb] SPARC 64-bit registers
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:26:23 -0400 (EDT)

On the SPARC V9 executables, all is 64-bit; on the V8, the model is 32
bits.  However, on the "v8plus" executables, you can use certain
64-bit instructions, such as "ldx" (load extended), "sllx" (shift left
logical extended), etc., that operate on the full 64-bit extended
registers.

When the exceutable loads, it says "32-bit ELF executable" or some
such.  I am wondering if "info registers", among other command in gdb,
will show me the full 64-bit register values when it considers the
executable to be 32 bits.  If not, how could a user display such
64-bit values?

Thanks,

Clark Coleman