gdb

[Gdb] Analyzing classes

From: Arainty, Bernardo
Subject: [Gdb] Analyzing classes
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:29:00 -0700

Hello,

I want display the layout of a class in terms of its C/C++ native types.

Trying to do so, I'm using the 'print' command in conjunction with other
options (set print pretty, set print union on). However that's not good
enough.

I also tried 'ptype' but it stops at the first level of composition, it
doesn't expand the structures.

Example:

        set print pretty on
        set print union on
        set print array on

        ptype MyObject
        print MyObject

The purpose is to know not only the type of each member and sub-members but
also their offset and size. Too much for gdb?. How about a user defined
command to recursively expand the members?. Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

Bernardo
e-mail:address@hidden