gdb

[Gdb] Re: skip over a section

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: [Gdb] Re: skip over a section
Date: 17 Sep 2004 09:56:37 +1000

"Fred J." <address@hidden> writes:

> during debubbing c++, how can I skip over say few lines of code,
> e.g. bypass them and continue on the following line after said
> section.

If I want to skip over the next ten lines, then I use next 10:

 (gdb) help next
 Step program, proceeding through subroutine calls.
 Like the "step" command as long as subroutine calls do not happen;
 when they do, the call is treated as one instruction.
 Argument N means do this N times (or till program stops for another reason).

Cheers, Ben