gdb

[Gdb] GDB and embedded MPC565

From: Mayer, Julian
Subject: [Gdb] GDB and embedded MPC565
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:08:17 +0200

Hello,

I’m working with the MPC565 from Motorola and like to use the GDB (Insight) do debug my software on it.

Now I have the following problem:

When I’m debugging in RAM all is ok, but when I write the program into flash (internal flash) the debugger won’t run.

When I watch then to the memory with the GDB it shows the incorrect values. (Looking with CodeWarrior I get the correct values).

The function step has no result. The function continue causes “Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/Breakpoint trap”.

Did someone have experience with the MPC and GDB?

Thanks,

Julian