gdb

[gdb] 6.3 error: Value can't be converted to integer

From: Jeffrey Chang
Subject: [gdb] 6.3 error: Value can't be converted to integer
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:50:31 -0700

Hi,

I've been using gdb 6.3 on mingw32 to debug my C++ program without problems, until I hit this error recently:

(gdb) p this
$19 = (HghStemMgr * const) 0x1f0787f8

(gdb) p *this
(gdb) Value can't be converted to integer.

(gdb) show version
GNU gdb 6.3
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32".

Any idea why GDB is complaining about "Value can't be converted to integer"?  Thanks,

--- Jeffrey