gdb

Re: SIGSEGV with b main

From: Matthew Woehlke
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV with b main
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:54:55 -0600

Hezi Sasson wrote:
please remove me from the publishing list

How to unsubscribe from a mailing list, for dummies.

1. Do not e-mail the list asking to be unsubscribed. Unless the list
owner is feeling nice, this usually does not work. Plus it is bad
netiquette, annoys people, and shows your ignorance for all the world to
see (and in a place that is usually archived).

1a. For pity's sake, DON'T do the above by replying to some random message, and especially don't CC the poster of said random message.

2. Visit the list maintenance URL for instructions (some also provide
the interface to unsubscribe you).

2a. If you don't know said URL, go to http://<domain>, where <domain> is
the domain of the list address (e.g. kde.org), or some logical
permutation thereof and look for 'lists' or 'mailing lists'.

3. Use those instructions to unsubscribe yourself.

4. If that fails, contact the list owner directly stating that you are
having problems with the automated list maintenance functions. Telling
him/her *exactly* what you did, and how it doesn't seem to be working is
a Really Good Idea. Otherwise he/she will tell you to go do steps 2-3.

5. If 2-4 fail, then AND ONLY THEN should you post to the list directly.
As in step 4, explaining exactly what you've tried is a Really Good
Idea. Otherwise you look like an idiot and get responses like this one. :-)

6. See http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.general/609 for an excellent example of step 5.

(Ignacio: If you're still getting this, I apologize that I can't help you, but *THANK YOU* for that excellent example of "the right way". It was wonderfully refreshing, especially coming right after the message that earned this reply.)

--
Matthew
"Adriaan has bin AWOL"