gdb

RE: How tp print msgs to GDB client window from GDB Server?

From: Venkita Krishnan K.
Subject: RE: How tp print msgs to GDB client window from GDB Server?
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:46:36 +0530

Hi,

I am having this same problem.

By Referring to  “Console output option” as stated below from the link http://www.embedded.com/1999/9911/9911feat3.htm i tried to display a message after a “stepi” command. But nothing got displayed in the GDB console. Hope I am not doing anything wrong. Should I do anything more to get the message displayed in the GDB console? Anyone please help out on this.

Console output ("O")-optional
Example: $O48656c6c6f2c20776f726c64210a#55

(Prints "Hello, world!\n" on the gdb console)

This command allows a debugging stub to send a text message to the gdb console. The text to be displayed is sent in its hex byte equivalent ('H' == 0x48) and gdb will queue successive messages until it sees a newline ('\n', 0x0a) character.

Regards,
Venkitakrishnan K
Ashling Division, SFO Technologies
Mobile: +91 9746451156