gdb

list --> A file or directory in the path name does not exist.. && bt ful

From: pcazallas
Subject: list --> A file or directory in the path name does not exist.. && bt full --> no locals
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 04:55:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

First of all, I patched gdb 7.1 source code, in the file aix-thread.c, line
660, commenting out the getthrds function prototype to get a successful
compiling process in my machine.

But now, while trying to debug a program with gdb 7.1 / AIX 6.1, i get this
trace:

$ gdb programa.exe 19792122
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0".
Reading symbols from programa.exe...done.
Attaching to program: programa.exe, process 19792122
[New Thread 1]
[Switching to Thread 1]
0xd04f5c90 in _p_nsleep () from /usr/lib/libpthread.a(shr_xpg5.o)
(gdb) list
73      programa.sqc: A file or directory in the path name does not exist..
        in programa.sqc
(gdb) bt full
#0  0xd04f5c90 in _p_nsleep () from /usr/lib/libpthread.a(shr_xpg5.o)
No symbol table info available.
#1  0xd0136de8 in nsleep () from /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)
No symbol table info available.
#2  0xd02775fc in nanosleep () from /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x1000bfcc in napms ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x10003650 in main (argc=1, argv=0x2ff2239c) at programa.sqc:100
No locals.
(gdb)

This is my, very simple, compilation line, just not showing the "-Iinclude"
and "-Llib" section:
gcc -ggdb programa.sqc -o programa.exe

Looking up for more info I went into the gdb source code and found this, in
line 16 of bp_in_thread.exp file (inside testsuite directory):

# gdb 6.1.1 on AIX had a bug where the aix-threads code called
# getthrds() incorrectly so that gdb lost track of breakpoints.
# GDB reported a SIGTRAP signal in a random thread when hitting
# a breakpoint.

am I making a mistake editing aix-thread.c to patch this bug?

Do anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo Cazallas.