gdb

Wondering about a the definition of a "Jump Pad" in gdb (gdbserver)

From: Jusctsch
Subject: Wondering about a the definition of a "Jump Pad" in gdb (gdbserver)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,
I am porting a thread-aware gdbserver over to FreeBSD (from Linux gdb 7.2 &
7.1) and I've run into some interesting comments and members dealing with
'Jump Pads'. From what I've read, the jump pad term has been used fairly
loosely, and I was wondering what exactly it means. I've looked for a
reasonable definition online and haven't found any, so it may be useful for
reference of others.

It seems to only be referenced with this name in gdbserver.

Thanks