gdb

Re: Sorry, a dumb one: how do I BUILD the thing (i.e. gdb) on Win?

From: manu0507
Subject: Re: Sorry, a dumb one: how do I BUILD the thing (i.e. gdb) on Win?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:08:32 -0800 (PST)

Hello again,

I actually managed to find an already built gdb.exe. It's
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-w64-mingw32".
which not only means that it can indeed load Win-64 images, but also that it
IS possible to build gdb with MinGW64. ;-)

I found it at http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=gdb . I have
to confess that downloading a plain .exe and running it on my machine was
pretty scary - if anybody could confirm that downloads from equation.com are
virus-free, it would be greatly appreciated.

Another downside is that it's 7.2, while the latest official gdb release
seems to be 7.3.1 - another reason to try and build it myself.
But anyway, it seems to be running ok... and I found my bug! :-)

Greetings and Merry Christmas,

Emanuel