geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Problems with references in Geiser/doc/repl.texi

From: Mark Harig
Subject: [Geiser-users] Problems with references in Geiser/doc/repl.texi
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:39:31 -0500

The new cross reference macros have improved the Info text in
many cases, but there are still some problems with some of them.
Here is a description of the errors that I saw:

--- Texinfo source:

If you run it (via, as is customary in Emacs, @kbd{M-x run-geiser},
you'll be saluted by a prompt asking which one of the supported
implementations you want to launch---yes, you can stop the asking, see
@altr{active-implementations,below,Customization and tips}.

Info output:

If you run it (via, as is customary in Emacs, `M-x run-geiser', you'll
be saluted by a prompt asking which one of the supported
implementations you want to launch--yes, you can stop the asking, see
below.  .

Note the two periods separated by a space at the end of the sentence.

--- Texinfo source:

...in your path. If that's not the case, you can tell Emacs where it
is, as described in @altr{impl-binary,a moment,Customization and tips}.

Info output:

...in your path. If that's not the case, you can tell Emacs where it
is, as described in a moment.  .

Note that the sentence is NOT preceded by two spaces, as it should be.
Note that the sentence ends with two periods separated by a space.

--- Texinfo source:

Returning to our REPL, the first thing to notice is that the funny
prompt is telling you your current module: its name is the part just
after the @@ sign (in Guile, that means @code{guile-user}, while
Racket's top namespace doesn't have a name; cf. discussion in
@altr{Switching context,,Switching context}).

Info output:

Returning to our REPL, the first thing to notice is that the funny
prompt is telling you your current module: its name is the part just
after the @ sign (in Guile, that means `guile-user', while Racket's
top namespace doesn't have a name; cf. discussion in Switching
context ).

Note the space before the right parenthesis.

--- Texinfo source:

However, the same shortcut, issued when the REPL is
alive, will bring you back to the buffer you came from, as explained
in @altr{switching-repl-buff,this section,The source and the REPL}.

Info output:

However, the same shortcut, issued when the REPL is alive, will bring
you back to the buffer you came from, as explained in this
section.  .

Note the two periods and a space at the end of the sentence.

--- Texinfo source:

The list of exported bindings is shown, again, in a buffer belonging to
Geiser's documentation browser, where you have at your disposal a bunch
of navigation commands listed in @altr{Documentation browser,our
cheat-sheet,Documentation browser}.  We'll have a bit more to say about
the documentation browser in
@altr{doc-browser,a later section,Documentation helpers}.

Info output:

The list of exported bindings is shown, again, in a buffer belonging
to Geiser's documentation browser, where you have at your disposal a
bunch of navigation commands listed in our cheat-sheet.  .  We'll have
a bit more to say about the documentation browser in a later
section. .

Note the two periods and a space at the end of each sentence.

-