geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Overriding the M-[backquote] key binding

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Overriding the M-[backquote] key binding
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:29:54 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11 2011, Mark Harig wrote:

> Geiser overrides the M-` (backquote) key binding.
> The standard binding in Emacs is for this key
> binding to invoke the command `tmm-menubar',
> which provides access to the menu.  This is
> useful when working in Emacs in a text-only
> terminal (no X Windows).  I am mentioning
> this in case it was not a conscious decision
> to override the standard binding.  C-. (period)
> is also bound to the same command as M-`
> in geiser-mode.

Although i use Emacs almost exclusively on a terminal, i hadn't noticed
this conflict (because, as you might guess, i don't use tmm-menubar).
I wanted to provide an alternative to C-. because that key combo is not
recognized in some terminals (notably, the one i use, urxvt), and M-` is
nicely close to M-TAB in US keyboards. I kind of like it, but i guess i
should be nice and leave the standard binding alone. Any suggestions for
an alternative?

Thanks,>
jao
--
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we
have lost in information?