geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Re: Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to ent

From: Mark Harig
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Re: Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to enter debugger
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:33:26 -0500

[...]

> 7) Enter a rational number at the REPL prompt.  Guile will enter its
>     debugger:
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> 9/5
> $3 = 9/5
> scheme@(guile-user) [2]>

I've followed all your steps up to this point, but i don't enter the
debugger when i input 9/5 (or any other value, for that matter), so i
cannot reproduce the problem.

It is important to enter and evaluate the invalid procedure definition
in a separate buffer, for example, 'foo.scm', and *NOT* enter it at
the REPL prompt.  The first error needs to be triggered properly
before the subsequent error will occur.  If I enter the invalid
procedure definition at the REPL prompt, then the latter error is not
triggered.

Could you please activate logs using 'C-u M-x geiser-show-logs', and
send the contents of the *geiser messsages* buffer when you perform
these steps?

Done.  Please find the log attached to this message.  I typed 'C-u M-x
geiser-show-logs' before starting the Guile REPL.

Could you also type ,error and ,bt once you've entered the debugger
and send the result?

Done.  Please find a copy of the '* Guile REPL *' buffer attached.
Note that the log does not show the second ',q' that I typed at the
REPL prompt, but it was typed and entered.

scheme@(guile-user) [1]> ,q
scheme@(guile-user)>
It's been nice interacting with you!
Press C-c C-z to bring me back.

What version of Emacs are you using?

GNU Emacs 23.2.

Please let me know if there is more information that I can provide
about this problem.