geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Geiser blocks on alien output

From: msematman
Subject: [Geiser-users] Geiser blocks on alien output
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:36:23 +0100

Dear all,

First of all I am a bit of a newbie with emacs, geiser, guile and a
little bit less with scheme.
That said, the problem is the following.
I have a guile program which starts several interactive processes
(shell, some other programs)
via 'open-pipe' interface. All of those processes share the same stdout
with the main program,
so it happens that the stdout is fed not only by scheme interpreter
output, but also output
from those other processes. When this happens, guile/geiser interpreter
in emacs 23 just blocks.

Is it because geiser has problem figuring out what junk is being sent to
it, or am i doing
something bad? As a side note, guile intepreter alone, ran from an
ordinary shell, does not exhibit
this problem (perhaps, because it does not do self-diagnosis  :-)).

The version of geiser is 0.2.2 , guile 2.0.5 and emacs 23.4.1  .

All the best ...
--

  address@hidden