geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] geiser-mode won't load for .scm files in guile scheme

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] geiser-mode won't load for .scm files in guile scheme project
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:32:18 +0100

On Fri, Nov 01 2013, Vlad Kozin wrote:

> Interesting. I've been etagging scheme code to use with M-x
> find-tag. It sometimes gets stuff wrong but otherwise doesn't seem to
> require that project compiles. I suppose geiser approach should
> produce a more reliable and fine-grained result. Unfortunately, I'm
> just trying to explore some old repo with plenty of scheme files which
> I have no idea how to compile, nor do I want to investigate :)
>
> This could actually be a feature. Fallback on find-tag in TAGS file if
> geiser-edit-symbol-at-point fails to find one. What do you think?

Well, as you mention, geiser's modus operandi is very different from
that of a text search using TAGS, and thus the two kinds of lookups are
so qualitatively different that i'm hesitant to conflate both in a
single command.  Of course "fallback to TAGs" could be a configurable
flag, so maybe it could be provided that way.

Does anyone else have a take on this?

Cheers,
jao
--
A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but
saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.