geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Cannot get autodoc to work with chicken

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Cannot get autodoc to work with chicken
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 01:17:58 +0100

Hi Erich,

On Tue, Jan 10 2017, Erich Rast wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm both new to geiser and chicken and have troubles getting autodoc to
> work with chicken. I have installed chicken 4.11.0 manually
> in /usr/local/bin/ on Linux Mint 18. It runs if I run 'csi' in the
> terminal. Geiser is installed via melpa. I've followed all installation
> instructions including the curl to download and untar the docs.
>
> When I open a scheme file, Geiser mode starts. After run-geiser a repl
> opens in a buffer. It says "Scheme Chicken/A Paredit Undo-Tree AC Wrap"
> above the buffer.
>
> But whenever I move the cursor over a symbol like e.g. display or car,
> it says "Autodoc not available (Symbol's function definition is void:
> geiser-syntax--pop-to-top)".
>
> Any advice on how to get this working?

The error seems to indicate that somehow geiser's elisp code is not
fully loaded.  Do you have any specific configuration in your init files
(.emacs or similar)?  The function geiser-syntax--pop-to-top is defined
in geiser-syntax: `M-x find-library RET geiser-syntax' should find it if
it's loaded.  Does it?  If it doesn't, a quick experiment is to open
geiser-syntax.el in geiser's directory, do an M-x eval-buffer and see if
that solves the problem.

Cheers,
jao
--
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"
 -Yogi Berra, baseball coach.