geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] geiser-xref-callers does not seem to work

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] geiser-xref-callers does not seem to work
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 19:45:45 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Dec 16 2017, Chris Marusich wrote:

> Whoops, geiser-user@ doesn't exist.  But geiser-users@ supposedly does.
> I meant to send this email there, so I will try again.  Email follows:
>
> Chris Marusich <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems that geiser-xref-callers does not work for me.  I believe I've
>> configured Geiser correctly, since other commands like
>> geiser-edit-symbol-at-point and geiser-doc-symbol-at-point do work in
>> some cases.
>>
>> Here is a specific example where it fails for me:
>>
>> * Clone the Guix Git repository (for commit
>>   9e111db4535b3cd5729e37294ae51d95240334b4 if you want to be precise):
>>
>>     git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>>
>> * Configure Geiser for Guix as described in Guix's manual ((guix) The
>>   Perfect Setup).
>>
>> * Open gnu/system/vm.scm in the Guix source tree, and run
>>   switch-to-geiser-module for the (gnu system vm) module.

For geiser's functionality to be active, the module's has to be loaded in
the running guile session.  Opening the file or switching to the module
without evaluation won't make available any of its definitions to the
running process.  Have you tried compiling/loading the module? A quick
way of accomplishing that is with C-c C-k when you're in vm.scm.

jao
--
A student came to the master and asked, for the master was one of them
who knew such things: "Does Emacs have the Buddha nature?" The master