geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] No support for Chez?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] No support for Chez?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 20:41:47 +0200

Hi Bahodir,

On Thu, May 03 2018, Bahodir Mansurov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Chez Scheme 9.5.1 installed on my system (Linux). I also have
> geiser-20180413.1646 installed in Emacs 25.3.1. I open up a scheme file
> and execute 'run-chez'. Autocompletion (via company-mode) works and
> that's about it. No other geiser features are working — no
> documentation, no function signature, nothing else. The problem goes
> away when I use Chicken or Guile.
>
> How can I make Chez work with Geiser? Any help would be appreciated.

All these features are available in other schemes because their scheme
side supports them.  Geiser always relies on the running scheme to
obtain the information.  With Chez it might the case that they're not
implemented yet on the scheme side, or also that they're not provided by
Chez (e.g., it might well be the case that Chez has not enough built-in
reflection capabilities to tell you the parameter list of a procedure,
or extract a docstring).  I didn't implement Chez support and i'm not
sure about what's lacking here: maybe the contributors to that code
could chime in here (ecraven is sometimes in irc too)...

Cheers,
jao
--
Men can live without air a few minutes, without water for about two
weeks, without food for about two months - and without a new thought