gene-discuss

[Gene-discuss] apparel fair

From: Harry Vigil
Subject: [Gene-discuss] apparel fair
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:50:22 +0530

Users were enthusiastic about embedding links to relevant staff in results, based on a match between search terms and a librarian profile. This is not meant as a summary; it is a very selective sampling. Moodle is a strong player also in the learning management space.
In some cases it was not clear to them what staff had to offer, or they did not want to disturb staff who were sitting at workstations.
Does this mean no libraries have these books?
The report notes that the 'vast majority' of users will state that Google has a 'sparse selection of literature'.
It will be interesting to see if they prove popular enough to be given higher billing. This section also talks about responses to sugestions about better visibility for library staff and their specialities, and about the physical library.
The project page is hosted at Ithaka: will it also host an Organization for Open Source Software as discussed in the report? "The Zotero sensors should work with most library catalogs, some popular dot-coms such as Amazon, and many gated databases. There was a desire to see abstracts and tables of contents.
This is not meant as a summary; it is a very selective sampling.
What proportion of, say, Peoplesoft's revenues are accounted for by higher education? It will be interesting to see if they prove popular enough to be given higher billing.
It is also interesting to see the focus on national collaboration, and working with national organizations to create shared approaches.
By default it takes a snapshot when it creates a record, but this seems a little slow and I turned it off.
The first was that they could appear busy or unapproachable.
This is one reason that the authors support the idea of an organization which bears the costs of coordination and advancement and reduces that cost for individual institutions and move things along.
But turn off the snapshots: not only were they excruciatingly slow, they ended up as empty PDFs. By default it takes a snapshot when it creates a record, but this seems a little slow and I turned it off.
I like the way they use the sea in the current website design.
I like the way they use the sea in the current website design.