genepi-dev

[Genepi-dev] imaginatively apoplexy

From: Henry Moses
Subject: [Genepi-dev] imaginatively apoplexy
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:34:46 -0500

My mother sprang from her chair, staring at him.
It was a greatlist that caused the mind to reel. I am Ramose, your son, I said, and was silent, for words choked inmy throat. Nor did we labourin vain, for although we made no show during those years we grew rich. It was as though it had been gripped by a cold hand.
Wage wars and win them, as your noble Grecianforefathers would have done. But you are not angry,Ramose, and you have promised to protect me from those men. This war is finished and your service is over.
She turned pale and let fall the necklace.
One day Belus asked me,Why do you not marry Myra, Ramose? Why did I do all these things and why did Belus help in the work?
My heartor rather the stars tell me another tale. Let us to the deciphering of this oldpoem that tells us of dead days and beautiful forgotten folk. At this a sudden change took place in me and a pain shot through myheart. Have you not a mother who knows the ways of courts and can help you? It was a greatlist that caused the mind to reel. Take what thegods give you and be thankful.
And do you desire to give her to some such stranger?
To remedy it, having wealth at my command, Ibought lands near to the city, and farmed them.
He has told me all, saying you thought I ought to know, now whenI am no more a little girl. So at last we came to Pelusium where to reach Sais the army must crossthe mouths of the Nile.
She took it, and said presently,Ramose, I am wretched. But as such heresies must be hidden, Iasked him what the calf was like.
Do we not read of marriage inbooks and was not Metep once married? What befell myson for whom I had such high hopes?