getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Coupled problem?

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Coupled problem?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:48:46 +0200

Hi Bin,

    Just recently I was experimenting with getfem and I developed a simple example with poroelastic coupled problem (linear Biot consolidation theory).
    In the attachment you can find all the files for this implementation.
    If you have getfem properly installed just run "make all" from a command line (in a bash shell for instance). This will
    produce a program  "poroelastic".
    Then run "poroelastic pe.param".  pe.param contains some description of the problem.
    Using this program you can solve both, 2D and 3D consolidation problems on a unit cubic mesh. (the dimension is controlled with N parameter in pe.param. But if you change it to 2D don't forget to also change the elements for the analysis)
    The program will produce .vtk files with displacements and pressure for every increment of the consolidation analysis. View them with MayaVI. (The way it is implemented it requires linear approximation for both pressure and the displacement. But this is not a limitation of the analysis, but rather a limitation of how I do the postprocessing. But you can do it in a proper way if you want to)

Best regards,
                        Andriy

________________________________
 Andriy Andreykiv(PhD, MSc)