getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] XFEM Element

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] XFEM Element
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:25:55 +0200

Le mardi 3 juillet 2007 15:51, Veronique a écrit :
> Hello,
> I would like to use Xfem elements for an electrostatic problem with two
> different permittivities inside and outside the level set. So I will
> have a discontinuous field accross the level-set.
> I don't find an example to create a Xfem as proposed in the documentation:
> Xfem xf(pf);
> xf.add_function(pXf,pXg,pHh,ind);
> Could you help me?
> Best regards,
> Véronique Rochus

Could you specify a little bit more your problem ?
Your field is discontinuous, but does it have a singularity ?
Do you have a specific boundary equation concerning the jump across the
level-set ?
If the answer is no to the two last questions, you can just use
a "mesh_fem_level_set" object which represents a discontinuity accross a
level-set. A example of use (but too much complicated for your use) is the
test program
tests/crack.cc

--
Yves.

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.80.11
  Pole de Mathematiques,                       fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29
  Institut Camille Jordan - CNRS UMR 5208
  INSA de Lyon, Universite de Lyon
  20, rue Albert Einstein
  69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, FRANCE