getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Number of dofs and number of points

From: Giovani
Subject: [Getfem-users] Number of dofs and number of points
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:29:30 -0300

Fellow users:

This is very simple indeed, but I'm confused about it. When I use a
"FEM_PK(3,1)" finite element, shouldn't I have the same number of dofs
in the getfem_mesh_fem object that I have in the getfem_mesh?

I'm sending annex a short code that shows that this is not happening.
The original mesh has 27393 nodes, while the associated fem is having
27492 dofs.

Where does this extra 99 dofs could be coming from? Is this normal?

Thank you very much!

Giovani