getfem-users

[Getfem-users] matrix field in "generic elliptic" brick

From: marco trevisan
Subject: [Getfem-users] matrix field in "generic elliptic" brick
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 19:52:35 +0200

Hello!
I still cannot find my way through this (presumably easy) problem of
coefficient definition, so I guess the best thing to do is post a tiny
snippet of the code:

base = gf_mdbrick('generic elliptic',mim,mf,'matrix');
gf_mdbrick_set(base,'param','A',mf, A1);

now, which size should the matrix field A1 be?
The mesh has 121 nodes (same as the dofs), the problem is scalar on a
2D domain, and I have tried almost every possible reshaping of these
4x121=484 numbers with no effect.

example of error outputs:

"??? wrong size for the parameter A, expected an array of size 0x0x121
( or 0x0 for a constant field), got an array of size 1x484"
"??? wrong size for the parameter A, expected an array of size 0x0x121
( or 0x0 for a constant field), got an array of size 4x121"

finally I entered a 0x0x121 matrix just to see the output:

"??? Error in ../../src/getfem/getfem_modeling.h, line 696 void
getfem::mdbrick_parameter<VEC>::check() const [with VEC =
getfem::modeling_standard_plain_vector]:
invalid dimension for brick parameter 'A', expected an array of size
484=4x121, got an array of size 0"

Any tips?
Thank you in advance

marco trevisan